- Alfa Romeo
- AM General
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover
2020 Jaguar XF Review
- User Reviews
- Carfax Info
- Original MSRP$51,100 - $68,200
- Fuel Economy (MPG)25/34 City/Hwy
- Body StylesSedan
Is the Jaguar XF Right for You?
What Is It and Who Is It Meant For?
The 2020 Jaguar XF is a luxury midsize vehicle offered in both sedan and wagon body styles, both of which seat up to five people. It’s meant for drivers who want a luxury vehicle that stands out with handsome styling and performance. Shoppers will also like that it has crossover-like cargo capacity without sacrificing ride quality.
What Makes the Jaguar XF Unique?
The XF is set apart by its available wagon body style. Not many luxury automakers have wagons in their lineups any more, but the XF soldiers on. It’s even available in a sporty trim.
XF vs. Other Jaguars
Jaguar XF vs. Competition
Luxury midsize sedans and wagons are popular on the market these days, so the XF faces strong competition:
- BMW 5 Series: The benchmark for the segment.
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class: More luxurious and available with peppier engines. Also offered in a wagon body style.
- Lexus ES: More dramatic styling and more safety features.
- Volvo S90: Some of the most comfortable seats in the class and an upscale interior. Also available in a wagon body style (called V90).
Is the 2020 Model Year Right for You?
Changes for 2020
- Portfolio and Sport sedan trims discontinued
- Diesel engine no longer available
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto newly standard
- New Checkered Flag Edition sedan
2020 Jaguar XF vs. Older XFs
The current 2020 Jaguar XF is part of the generation that debuted back in 2016. The model hasn’t been redesigned since, so any XF from 2016 to 2020 will have a similar look and features. You could save money with a used Jaguar XF.
Which 2020 Jaguar XF trim Is the Best Value?
The original starting prices for each trim, including MSRP and the destination charge:
- Premium: $52,095
- Prestige: $56,545
- Checkered Flag Edition: $67,595
- Prestige Sportbrake: $66,145
- S: $69,195
- S Sportbrake: $72,795
The Prestige is the sweet spot in the XF’s lineup. It has standard leather upholstery, heated front seats, a heated steering wheel and navigation. It’s a nice step up from the base, Premium trim. With more standard luxury and convenience features, it should meet the needs of most consumers.
Consumers seeking more performance will find the S trim to be a good value, as it comes with a more powerful engine, adaptive suspension and unique exterior styling. We’re also huge fans of the wagon body style, as it boasts a spacious cargo area.
2020 Jaguar XF Performance
The XF has three engine options:
- 247-horsepower turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine with an 8-speed automatic transmission and rear- or all-wheel drive
- 296-horsepower turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission and rear- or all-wheel drive
- 380-horsepower supercharged 3.0-liter V6 with an 8-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive
Compared to the class? All the cars listed above have more powerful base engines than the Jaguar XF. The BMW 5 Series, Mercedes-Benz E-Class and Volvo S90 are also available in high-performance variants with still more powerful engines than the XF’s top offering.
- 247-horsepower (RWD/AWD): 28/27 EPA-estimated combined mpg*
- 296-horsepower (RWD/AWD): 26/25 mpg
- 3.0-liter V6: 23 mpg
*The EPA uses a mixture of highway and city driving for its combined estimate.
Compared to the class? The Jaguar XF ranks toward the top of the class when it comes to fuel economy.
2020 Jaguar XF Safety Ratings & Features
Key Standard Features
- Forward collision warning: Warns drivers of a potential front-end collision.
- Automatic emergency braking: Helps a vehicle avoid a collision – or reduce the severity of a crash – if the driver doesn’t respond in time.
- Front and rear parking sensors
Key Optional Features
- Traffic-sign recognition
- Blind spot monitoring
- 360-degree camera
- Parallel and perpendicular park assist
- Lane-keep assist
- Head-up display
2020 Jaguar XF Interior
Cabin Storage and Features
- Cupholders: 2 front, 2 rear
- Cabin storage areas: Glovebox, center console bin under armrest, door pockets front and back, sunglasses holder
Compared to the class? Average for the segment.
- 19.1 cubic feet (trunk space)
- 31.7 cubic feet behind rear seats (Sportbrake)
- 69.7 cubic feet with rear seats folded (Sportbrake)
Compared to the class? The XF has one of the largest trunks in the class, and the Sportbrake has great cargo capacity, as well.
Compared to the class? The XF has marginally less front and rear headroom than its competitors, as well as less front and rear legroom.
2020 Jaguar XF Warranty
- 5 years / 60,000 miles bumper-to-bumper. Covers many parts and systems but doesn’t include consumables such as brakes, tires, wiper blades, shocks or struts.
- 5 years / 60,000 miles powertrain. Covers major engine and transmission components.
- Both warranties are measured from the date the first owner purchases the car but are transferable to used-car buyers.
Compared to the class? Common for the segment.
Specs & Features
- Fuji White
- Narvik Black
- Santorini Black Metallic
- Yulong White Metallic
- Eiger Grey Metallic
- Indus Silver Metallic
- Portofino Blue Metallic
- Carpathian Grey Metallic
- Silicon Silver Metallic
- Firenze Red Metallic
- Caesium Blue Metallic
- Rossello Red Metallic
Wheel and tire type
- Wheel Diameter: 18.0 X 8.0 Inches
- Tire Type: 245/45R18 H
Available exterior features
- Door Handle Color: Body-color
- Exhaust: Dual Tip
- Exhaust Tip Color: Chrome
- Front Bumper Color: Body-color
- Grille Color: Black, Chrome Surround
- Mirror Color: Body-color
- Rear Bumper Color: Body-color
- Window Trim: Chrome
- Front Track Width: 63.2 Inches
- Height: 57.4 Inches
- Length: 195 Inches
- Rear Track Width: 62.8 Inches
- Wheelbase: 116.5 Inches
- Width: 82.3 Inches
- Width Without Mirrors: 78.2 Inches
- Curb Weight: 3,590 Pounds
- Side Mirror Adjustments: Power, Power Folding, Reverse Gear Tilt
- Side Mirrors: Auto-dimming, Heated, Integrated Turn Signals
- Armrests: Rear Center With Cupholders, Rear Folding
- Dash Trim: Leatherette
- Door Sill Trim: Illuminated Scuff Plate
- Floor Mat Material: Carpet
- Floor Material: Carpet
- Floor Mats: Front, Rear
- Foot Pedal Trim: Alloy
- Headliner Trim: Alcantara
- Shift Knob Trim: Chrome
- Steering Wheel Trim: Leather
- Air Filtration
- Front Air Conditioning: Automatic Climate Control, Sun Sensor Climate Control
- Front Air Conditioning Zones: Dual
- Humidity/dewpoint Sensors
- Rear Vents: Second Row
- Power Locks: Anti-lockout
- Power Locks: Auto-locking
- Cargo Volume: 19.1 Cubic Feet
- Passenger Volume: 95.0 Cubic Feet
- Front Headroom: 37.1 Inches
- Rear Headroom: 37.6 Inches
- Front Legroom: 41.5 Inches
- Rear Legroom: 36.6 Inches
- Max Seating: 5
- Seating Rows: 2
- Front Shoulder Room: 56.9 Inches
- Rear Shoulder Room: 56.4 Inches
- Standard Seating: 5
- Antenna Type: Mast
- Auxiliary Audio Input: Bluetooth, USB, IPod/iPhone, Jack
- Premium Brand: Meridian
- Radio: AM/FM, HD Radio, Touch Screen Display, Voice Operated
- Radio Data System
- Speed Sensitive Volume Control
- Subwoofer: 1
- Total Speakers: 10
- Watts: 380
- Connected In-car Apps: Google POIs, Google Search
- Infotainment: Android Auto Ready, Apple CarPlay Ready, InControl
- Infotainment Screen Size: 10 In.
- Driver Assistance App: Roadside Assistance
- Electronic Messaging Assistance: Voice Operated, With Read Function
- Phone: Voice Operated
- Smart Device App Function: Horn/light Operation, Lock Operation, Vehicle Location
- Wireless Data Link: Bluetooth
- 8-Way Power Driver Seat Adjustments
- Bucket Front Seats
- 8-Way Power Passenger Seat Adjustments
- Split-Folding Rear Seat
- 40-20-40 Split Rear Seat
- Upholstery: Leatherette
- Digital Odometer
- External Temperature Display
- Fuel Economy Display: MPG, Range
- Gauge: Tachometer
- Instrument Cluster Screen Size: 5 In.
- Multi-function Display
- Trip Computer
- Trip Odometer
- Warnings And Reminders: Lamp Failure, Low Fuel, Engine Oil, Coolant, Maintenance Due, Tire Fill Alert
- Engine Type: 4 Cylinders
- Displacement: 2.0 Liters
- Horsepower: 247
- Torque: 269
- Front Shock Type: Gas
- Front Spring Type: Coil
- Front Stabilizer Bar
- Front Struts
- Front Suspension Classification: Independent
- Front Suspension Type: Double Wishbone
- Rear Shock Type: Gas
- Rear Spring Type: Coil
- Rear Stabilizer Bar
- Rear Suspension Classification: Independent
- Rear Suspension Type: Multi-link
- Transmission Type: 8-Speed Shiftable Automatic
- Type: A
- Gears: 8
- Fuel Type: Gasoline
- City (MPG): 25
- Highway (MPG): 34
- Combined (MPG): 28
- Axle Ratio: 3.42
- Drive Mode Selector
- Acceleration (0-60MPH): 6.4
- Turning Circle: 38.1
- New Car Basic Warranty: 60 Months/60,000 Miles
- Transferable Powertrain: Drivetrain/Powertrain: 60 Months/60,000 Miles
- Corrosion Perforation: Rust: 72 Months
- Child Safety Door Locks
- Electronic Stability Control: Standard
- Rearview Monitor: in Dash
- Side Impact Airbags: Standard
- Child Seat Anchors: LATCH System
- Crumple Zones: Front
- Camera System: Rearview
- Body Side Reinforcements: Side Impact Door Beams
- Anti-lock Brakes Four Wheel: Standard
- Parking Sensors: Front/rear
- Front Driver Airbags: Standard
- Daytime Running Lights: Standard
- Front Passenger Airbags: Standard
- Automatic Hazard Warning Lights
- Emergency Interior Trunk Release
- Brake Assist: Standard
- Side Curtain Airbags: Standard
Jaguar XF For Sale
Related Models For Sale
Jaguar XF Trims For Sale
Shopping for a Used Car?
carfax.com has thousands of car dealers with used cars for sale
- Alfa Romeo
- AM General
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover